The Impact These Selfish Choices Have Towards Others






I didn't know how much somebody could hurt you until I experienced the pain that Elizabeth Halseth ( Helgelien ) caused to so many beautiful people I knew over the years. I recall one such day where Tiger Helgelien felt it would be best to rip our then family apart by basically saying he and Elizabeth had figured it all out. One thing I had learned as many others had is that you can't look only what is on the cover of the book. There were grave situations where it was all about manipulation, deceit and providing false witness and almost reality TV show type stunts. I am not sure if it was the drama of it all or just hurting a lot of good people, but it was common practice to deceive.

I remember one such day very well when the kids and I hadn't seen their mother for almost a week. When she arrived back, she had not let any of us know because she was staying at his place. That very same day she made a pie and when I had asked kindly who it was for she said a friend. I later found out it was for Tiger and again I was very kind and asked if we could make one for the family. She yelled at the kids and I and stormed out the door.

Later that day I had received a text and I remember documenting it, because it was over the top and hurtful as I was trying to make sure that whatever happens the children would be put first. Here is part of that message.

------------------------
10-18-11... Today was the day I was going to politely ask Tiger Helgelien to respect my marriage and my family, by not communicating and not confiding in my wife.

SMS LOG
[Daniel]: Can we talk later? I promise it will be mature. I need to speak with you, and it will help both of us. Please let em know what time. Can we meet somewhere?
[Tiger]: I don't want any issues with you. I feel like I'm in the middle of your marital problems. I can call you around 11:30 am.
[Daniel]: Tiger that would be great. And no I am a mature man and respectful and I think you are great. I really mean that. Can we meet somewhere? Like a Starbucks? That would be so much better. Phones are just weird to me. You name the place.
[Tiger]: I will meet you at some point but am not available to meet you in person today.
[Daniel]: I am on the 215 and Charleston at the Starbucks and I promise to be respectful of your time. It will mean the world to me Tiger.
[Tiger]: I am not home. I have a meeting with a client so I am not available to meet in person.
[Daniel]: Do you know how long that will go? Again it will be great for both of us for several reasons including helping you out?
[Tiger]: I am not available to meet today Daniel. I will call you ASAP though.
[Daniel]: Perfect. Thank you.

Tiger and I spoke on the phone shortly after the SMS back and forth. I asked that he respect my marriage relationship with Elizabeth. He said that Elizabeth is done, to provide Elizabeth with a quick and speedy divorce and to let her go. I informed him that I am fighting for our marriage because I love our family and as a faith values Christian conservative he should respect the marriage covenant. The issue I explained is that he was a single Christian man confiding in a married senators marriage with three children. He said that he has no problem with that and felt I should play devil's advocate and let her do what she wants. I explained that his counsel was wrong, it's hurting the marriage relationship, and it's best to disengage with my wife because it's unhealthy and she is not doing well. He informed me that she could confide in him anytime and they are very close, not as close as me ( Daniel ) and Elizabeth, but very close.

Had a meeting about Short Selling the house because Elizabeth brought it up. I also called to confirm with Tiger, and he recommended that I do that as soon as possible and that it made a lot of sense. When Tiger said this, I decided not to short sell, because I thought Elizabeth told me on her own, but now I was beginning to wonder.

-----------------------
Later that evening I took the children with me to Wal-Mart to shop for some groceries. While I was almost out of the store I received a phone call from a restricted number who yelled at me to #$%# off. I checked the # later with my Google Voice and found out it was Tiger. I just prayed for him and realized whatever hate was inside this person would come out somewhere somehow and that I wanted to make sure that my children were safe and protected by their father.

PS: I wish there were better stories to tell about what I had experienced, but I can assure you that as a stay-at-home dad I had the very best time with raising and taking care of our children. It was daddy daycare and we were so active in our neighborhood with all the other kids. It really broke my heart to see the way things were handled if two people ever loved each other. That is when I realized that if one person is not healthy and wants to do harm, it hurts both parents, including the children. Please always think about the kids first and what those actions will affect them later in life too.

Comments